Main Lines in Cheshire Quality railway films on DVD start collecting Daves railway films, The WCR’s main line left Northwich in a southwesterly direction and crossed the River Dane and the River Weaver by means of a half-mile long viaduct with forty-eight stone arches and two wrought-iron girder bridges. The first station out of Northwich was Hartford and Greenbank, renamed Greenbank on 7 May 1973. Further stations were located at Cuddington, Delamere, Mouldsworth, and Manley before the line’s terminus at Helsby and Alvanley station. A goods station, engine shed and locomotive turntable were constructed between Helsby station and the junction with the Birkenhead Railway. Although the passenger service from Northwich to Helsby was terminated in 1875, the line from Mouldsworth to Helsby Junction continued in use until 14 September 1991 for freight trains heading for the Birkenhead Railway.